Wednesday, May 19, 2010

2 Weeks and Subtracting

Greetings! My name is Emily. I have just completed my freshman year at the University of Michigan. No, I don't have a major, but yes, I have ideas as to what I would like it to be. I am currently hooked on linguistics.

While at school this year, I decided it was time to "live a little". I applied for an internship abroad. About a month and a half ago I received news that I will be interning at Girisim Factoring in Istanbul, Turkey between June 7 and August 15. Wowsers. 2 weeks till my departure date. Again, wowsers.

I decided to write a blog not only to document my time abroad but to reflect upon my personal growth while experiencing a new culture. I plan on writing about work, traveling, and my reactions from life abroad. I also plan on posting pictures to accompany entries.

Even though I am writing the blog, I would really enjoy it if you participated as well :). I accept comments! Yipee! I have set-up guidelines so things will run as smoothly as possible.

THE GUIDELINES:
1. Comments are a definite yes
2. Grammatical feedback is a definite no-no. I know that I am not the best speler.
3. I LOVE questions. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about anything you read (if something is confusing because of grammatical errors, I will do my best to clarify - this is the ONLY exception to #2!).

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great time. Even though I will miss you, it will be a great experience!

    How much packing do you still have to do? How many bags are you allowed to take on the plane?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ALL of my packing to do :(. I don't even know where to begin...

    I can check one bag for "free". I can also have carry-on items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no limit on the layers you can wear, so if you run out of room in your suitcase, you can always wear a bunch of stuff on the plane! Hahahahahah!

    ReplyDelete