Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Last day in Istanbul

Pictures from the Eyup trip:

The Furnicular, the tram going from Kabataş to Taksim and back

Flower Passage in Taksim

Burak spotted this in one of the murals in the subway. It's our office building, Park Plaza!

Loving the colors!

Ruins of old Istanbul

The rails of the old Galata Bridge. This bridge is no longer used for cars, only walking. There is a new one, but it is in a different location.

Pictures from my personal day:

Sirkeci Station - Istanbul's European train station

The new Galata Bridge

Haydarpaşa

Nifty sign


Today was my last day in Turkey. I got out of bed, took a shower, and headed to Europe. It doesn't matter what time of day you go anywhere, there's always bad traffic. That's one thing I'm not going to miss! I said my good-byes to all of my co-workers and caught the Metrobus back to Asia. The stop I was at was very crowded. I had no idea what bus to take, but when I found it I got on in the wrong direction. I got off and back on going in the right direction. Upon my return to Asia, I went to the highest point in Istanbul, Çamlıca Hill. It was the end of a beautiful sunset when I got there - a perfect end to my stay.

 My company!

Me, Nilay, Songül, Vedat, and Hasan (a group of my coworkers)

Same group, except Hasan is now taking the picture and Erdem is in Hasan's old place

Erdem and I 

Taken from my Metrobus ride

View from the hill

Time has flown by. It's been an amazing experience. I have learned so much about the Turkish culture, life, and most importantly myself. Turkey has been great to me and for me, but it's time to see my family again. Boy, have I missed them!

Things I will miss:
-friends I have made
-döner
-the sea
-riding the boats on the sea
-bargaining
-fresh and homegrown foods with minimal additives - there's no wax on the apples!
-cheap stores


Things I won't mind living without:
-ayran
-bad traffic
-working every day
-large crowds of sweating smelly people

No comments:

Post a Comment