Monday, August 16, 2010

Personal Day

Do you ever feel the need to go out by yourself and self-reflect? Those days where you don't want to deal with anyone or go to work. My mom always calls those kinds of days "personal days". Today was my personal day. I took the day to go shopping, something I haven't done in awhile.

First, I went to the Grand Bazaar. I picked up a few things for my family after out-charming the salesmen. Hooray! I can bargain now! Well, at least better than before. Then I went to Kadikoy and did some personal shopping. I found a very cute, inexpensive dress as well as some books. I bought Ye, Dua Et, Sev (Eat, Pray, Love) by Elizabeth Gilbert and Harry Potter ve Felsefe Taşı (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone) by J.K. Rowling. I am hoping to improve my Turkish further by reading.

Tomorrow I am heading back to the office to say my good-byes. It will be very sad, and I anticipate crying. A lot. I am hoping to return - inşallah. This is a common phrase meaning "God-willing" (or"we can only pray/hope so"). I simply cannot believe that it is over; I am going back home to the real world.

My suitcase is just about packed, but there are a few straggling items. There are a few more souvenirs to buy and a few things to find. I am on the hunt for these items: a necklace, my sunglasses, and a sock. I'm fairly certain that all are lost for good, which really sucks. Hopefully they will show up in the next 24 hrs!


My computer is still not registering the new pictures I have uploaded. THIS IS MAKING ME EXTREMELY ANGRY.

No comments:

Post a Comment