Thursday, July 22, 2010

Beach Day!

I have been in Turkey for 6 or maybe 7 weeks (I've lost count!) and I hadn't been to a beach until today. It wasn't the most beautiful beach (that's tomorrow!) but it got the job done. I spent my morning and early afternoon enjoying the Aegean Sea. It was colder than I thought it would be, but extremely refreshing. The sand was so hot that I think I burnt my foot trying to get to the sea.

The beach

 
Me at the beach



Another beach photo

After the beach I rested for 2-2.5 hrs. Then I went downtown to get some money and buy my bus ticket to Fethiye.

Downtown Selcuk

Cool statue in the middle of the round-about

This is the corner of my hostel, although it's primarily the yellow buildings. You can see the sign on the left of the picture - ANZ Guesthouse


Tonight I am relaxing. Tomorrow morning I am heading to Fethiye for those beautiful Turkish beaches. I will spend one night there and then take another night bus back to Istanbul. Another whirlwind trip, but that's all I can afford for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment