Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Old friends, new foods, & travel plans

This is the post from Monday!!!


 Famous bull statue in Kadikoy

Last night I met my old friend, Gur, in the neighboring district Kadikoy. I hadn't seen him for about a month or something like that. It was good to relax, walk around, and catch up. We talked about what I had and hadn't done thus far. We determined that I still had a lot more things to cross off my list of must-dos! To help me out, we decided to go to McDonalds and try one of the Turkish specialties: McTurco. Basically it's hamburger patties smothered in barbecue sauce wrapped in a pita - it reminded me of a barbecue gyro I once had at Olga's Kitchen. It was pretty good; it's not something I had expected from McDonalds. I made sure to take pictures of the menu. Luckily I'm such a good paparazzi that I was able to get all of the pictures I wanted before I got yelled at for taking pictures.



 Can you spot the differences??



McTurco!



Ok, mine was plain (no lettuce, tomatoes, etc.) which is why it looks pathetic

Today at work someone brought it Turkish Cotton Candy. It didn't look very appetizing, but I gave it a try anyways. It was delicious. It was all the sweetness of normal cotton candy, but instead, it was chocolate flavored rather than circus flavor. After that special treat I played solitaire for 3-4 hrs. Exciting, I know. I took the liberty of leaving work earlier than normal. 



 Looks kind of like fur, doesn't it?

Sometimes I feel like the people in the company feel bad that I am so young, sitting in the office. On the bright side, I get to have vacations pretty much whenever I want so it's not a big deal. I have a couple more places I would like to see before I head back home. I might not be able to go to all of them, but the current list is: Ankara, Eskisehir, Sinop, Canakkale, Antalya, and Alanya. Some of these places are in the same region; I just have to get to one of them first. In between rounds of solitaire, I have been working on travel plans. My goal for tomorrow is to buy train tickets!




No comments:

Post a Comment