Sunday, July 11, 2010

A little more rested, a little more random

After lazing in around the dorms till 1 pm, I have gained some sanity back. I was really overtired. I now feel confident on writing down what's happening in my life accurately with details.

So yesterday I went to Edirne. I think I mentioned yesterday that Edirne was close to the borders of Greece and Bulgaria. I was unable to go to either of those countries yesterday, but maybe if I go back to Edirne I could manage the half hour ride to Greece. It just depends on how my other travels are going and if I have time left.

Besides resting, today I went shopping in Kadikoy. I was originally planning on going to Bursa, but I needed to rest more and I hadn't really been to the local shops before, only the shopping malls. Can you say cheaper? In the shopping malls things are sooo much more expensive than the streets. From a street shop we're talking 5tl for a shirt. That's $3.20. Heaven? I think it might be..

Tonight is the World Cup final. I have no idea who's going to win. It would be cool if the Netherlands won kind of like an "underdog" but not really. I guess I'm cheering on the Dutch then. I'm sure everyone else is rooting for Spain. Oh well. I refuse to base my opinion based on what an octopus does or doesn't do. At any rate, it should be a good game. I haven't decided if I'm going to stay at the dorms or go to a sports bar or something like that.

I have also recently been opened up to the world of Turkish (pop..that's what's popular here) music. On the way to and from work we always listen to the radio. I'm glad I now have the songs I hear everywhere. If you're interested, here's the link to the Top 40: http://www.powerturk.tv/.

No comments:

Post a Comment