Saturday, July 31, 2010

Long day. Short night.

(This is the post from yesterday)

I woke up this morning feeling like P. Diddy. Although I didn't have my sunglasses because I lost them last Sunday, I hit the city. Everything was going smoothly until I was trying to do my hair. I've gotten in the habit of just taking my hair straightener to work. I don't want to wake up any earlier than I have to, and I never do anything till 9 or 10 anyways. So I was straightening my hair when I accidently straightened my ear (i.e. I burnt my ear). YOWSERS. The skin just fell off; it didn't bother to stay a blister for any longer than it had to. I got a band-aid from one of the nicest ladies in I've ever met, Aynur. Unfortunately, I sometimes have weird reactions to the matierals band-aids are made from.  This was one of those times. I ended up just taking it off. After that everything went fairly smoothly. I went to lunch and had kofte. I don't think it's something I'll miss when I go back to the states. It's just peculiar tasting. I figured though I won't be eating for a long time when I go back to the states - I better eat it now! I got back to the office to hear that some of my coworkers met up with people from Joy's company as well as Joy without inviting me. It would have be really fun to eat lunch with them (everyone between the companies knows each other because they used to be one company).

The rest of the afternoon was ok, nothing special. I left for the weekend and went to Joy's company to meet her and catch the service bus. Well, we got invited to go to Taksim with some other American students, who are leaving this weekend and wanted to have a final night out on the town. We decided to go and have fun.

We left the office and went to Besiktas where we met the other Americans, Daylan, John, and Iso. From there we went to Taksim. We ate dinner at some restaurant off Istiklal Caddesi, one of the most famous streets in Istanbul known for its shopping, clubs, bars, and restaurants. They called their Turkish professor and she came to meet us bringing her friend. While finishing dinner, the unanimous decision was to find a bar. We ended up going to Tunel, a bunch of back alleyways full of restaurants, bars, and a lot of people. Some of Joy's coworkers and one of mine were also having a night out. We called them, and they met up with us at the bar, Kose, in Tunel. That's when the real fun began. They were 5 guys, 2 of which were already well on their way to not remembering the night which made the night that much more fun - laughing at them.

We had drinks at the cafe/bar. The other Americans decided it was time for them to go because they were leaving in the morning. Joy and I stayed with our coworkers. We decided it was time to move on and go to a club. I had never really been to a club, not even an American one. I was disappointed at first because the music was weird. Let's be serious for a minute: what kind of club plays Grease Lightening from the movie Grease? As the night went on, the songs got a lot better. Everyone had a lot of fun I think.

We left around 2 or 2:30, which is why I did not post this last night. I was exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment