Wednesday, July 14, 2010

You know it's hot hot hot!

I've always been one to prefer being hot over being cold, which works out nicely at home - my room is easily 5 degrees hotter than the rest of the house. Coming to Turkey, a country on the Mediterranean, I wasn't worried about dealing with the heat or being too hot. When I arrived in Istanbul, the summer heat hadn't really started. Sure, it was warm, but a lot of the days it was rainy and rather cool. Not anymore. Every day it's sunny, humid, and hot. HOT. When I walk outside I feel like I'm melting. The amount of water I drink has definitely increased because of this. I don't know how people drink hot tea when it's 100 outside. I can't do it. I've tried drinking tea when I get to work in the mornings like I did when I first came, but my body feels like it's going to explode.

Other than the obnoxious heat, life couldn't be better. Work is going well. I am learning a lot of Turkish. I have some really cool upcoming trips that I have been planning for some time. These last weeks are sure to be the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment