Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sweet dreams

From all of the traveling this past weekend, I haven't been able to sleep very well. Last night I got 3-3.5 hrs of sleep , and the night before I got maybe 4. I've been napping on the bus to and from work to try to catch up. The other day I woke up with drool all over my face. I looked up to see the one guy that rides the bus home staring at me. I'm pretty sure I heard him chuckle too. Despite the 2 1hr naps I get a day, I am still exhausted. By the time I got to work this morning I thought I was ok, but then in the middle of entering a big set of data I realized that I was putting in the complete wrong numbers. I had to delete all of my work and start over. What a pain. After that incident my co-workers said take it easy the rest of the afternoon. One of them offered to show me how to make Turkish tea. I gladly accepted the offer! Not only did she show me how to make Turkish tea, but she also showed me how to make Turkish coffee. Neither of them are hard to make, you just need to know how much goes in and a few tricks. The woman who showed me how to make coffee, her name is Aynur, also offered to bake cakes with me and possibly show me how to make baklava! One of the things I've contemplated doing in Turkey is taking a cooking class. It would be much more fun if I could learn to cook from a friend. Hopefully things work out and I will be able to learn how to make delicious pastries!

No comments:

Post a Comment