Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sneaky Sneaky

Work has been really frustrating the past few days. I am supposed to enter invoices into the database. It isn't a hard job when the invoices are legible. Not only are the invoices illegible, there are 400 of them. I made some mistakes with entering the data, so I had to go back and double check every single entry. There are still mistakes with the entries, and I know tomorrow will only bring the stress back. I am looking forward to a time without data entries!

The people in my office are hilarious. They will do just about anything to take a break from work, and once one person stops working social loping occurs. Today I was told that I sneak in and out of the office; I leave quietly without telling anyone. This is not true. I do NOT in fact do this all of the time. I only sneak out when I don't want to talk to anyone or when everyone is actually trying to be diligent or when I want to leave early. Oh, I guess that is all the time.

Telling people where I'm going has always been one of my biggest pet peeves. I hate telling people I'm going to the store to buy bread or hanging out with friends. Even worse, I LOATHE telling people I am going to the bathroom. Let's be honest, once someone says they're going to the bathroom your mind starts to wander. I personally don't like thinking about other people using the bathroom, nor do I want other people thinking about me using the bathroom. Gross. I have also encountered that I forget to tell someone when I am traveling. I have so many people that I have to inform, it's inevitable that I leave someone out. 

It made me laugh, though, when my coworkers said that I sneak around the office. They're kind of right in a way. Today at lunch I went to an art museum that I found around the corner. I wasn't sneaking, just wandering. It was modern art; it reminded me of my sisters. When I announced that I had been to the museum, my coworkers looked confused. They had never even heard of this museum. I was just taking my time, smelling the roses, when I noticed the sign. It was good to just stop and enjoy the art. There were some interesting things there, but I didn't have a chance to see them all. I will go back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment