Sunday, July 18, 2010

Catching up with some lost photos

Today is the last day I will be 18. So much has happened in the last year; it's insane how much I have grown up. This time last year I knew that I would be going to the University of Michigan. I knew that I wanted to experience new things, and that I was growing up (finally ?). Since then I have finished my first year of college: a year of meeting new people, a year of working out!, a year away from home. I had no idea that I would be spending my next birthday abroad, without any of my close family or friends to celebrate it with (although I am used to having my birthday being "skipped over" - it's the summer and everyone has plans...my birthday isn't THAT important).  Not only have I changed, but my family has changed as well. Never would I imagine that my parents would fly to Europe (by themselves not knowing the language!), or that my older sisters would be at home when I'm not. As much as I have grown up, I'm still me: I have no idea what I am going to do with my life, I only have to look at stairs to trip, and ketchup is still one of the best things ever made.


On a completely different and less serious note, I finally ate Turkish McDonalds the other day. I was running out of time for lunch because I went shopping. It was basically the same except the chicken was more real. I probably won't eat it again while I am here. If I am desperate I might try Burger King or KFC or possible Pizza Hut. People here love Dominos though! (The picture is being stubborn, so it's a little out of line)


I also saw a funeral the other day! The police closed off the streets, and the trams stopped. Of course I stopped to take pictures.

Turkish Hearse (I guess...not too sure)

Taking the Coffin into the cemetary

Galata Kulesi

Joy, myself, and Asli at the restaurant for the birthday celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment