Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Trying to stay positive!

I hate having bad days. No, no. I loathe them. I suppose if I liked them it would be strange, but that's besides the point. Of course today was one of those days you just want to forget. I woke up late, and then dozed in the shower. I had to grab my clothes from the dryer and iron my skirt. I don't know what I was doing wrong, but the skirt just wasn't ironed. Yes, I have used an iron before, and yes, it was turned on. I ran out of time and had to go to work. Work wasn't bad, just the normal stuff. For lunch I bought soup that didn't taste like anything, only to return to work early because I didn't check my watch. I had made plans to go to an opera tonight with a friend I met through another friend. We bought our tickets online, and we were going to pick them up on site beforehand. The easiest way to get to where the opera was showing was to stay late after work and get a ride from my boss. Well that put me there about 2 hours before I needed to be. I walked up and down the street a few times, ate dinner, and then sat on a bench overlooking the Bosporus in order to kill more time. I planned on meeting my friend at 9 in front of Rumeli Fortress (that's where the opera was). 9 o'clock came a passed. At 9:30 as I was talking to the ticket people explaining my situation my friend runs in. We sign for our tickets and take our seats. The opera begins in German and quickly cuts to Turkish, back and forth between the two languages. I speak neither of those languages fluently. The opera went over the time I had expected it to be; it was getting pretty late. Rumeli is no where near my dorm, so I decided to leave early. My original plan of getting home was to go minibus-ferry-minibus. I saw 0 minibuses. I asked the security guards if there were going to be any. They responded with no, you have to take a taxi. I hailed a taxi, and before I agreed to ride with him I told him I had next to no money. He said ok, and we talked about how I was having money problems. When we finally get to the dorm he says 60tl. I said there is a problem because I have 30tl. Then we started arguing, and before you know it I started crying. My friends helped me sort the issue out (actually I was a slobbery mess, they just took care of it while I regained my composure). Then I found out Germany lost. It ended up being a miserable end to a miserable day. Luckily it's over now, and I can only forget about it and look forward to tomorrow!

Taking a look on the brightside: The better parts of my day that should overshadow the entire day
- I spoke with my mom on the phone!!!
- I got a free dinner. The guys at the restaurant were mesmerized I guess. I insisted on paying but they wouldn't take my money
- At lunch I bought a pasty called "Emily (Elmali)" which means "with apple" that was delicious
- Because I did my laundry last night, I have clean clothes now! woohhooo

1 comment:

  1. It was great talking to you:) Don't forget to watch the final Sunday!!!