Monday, June 7, 2010

First Day of Work!

Today was the big day! The first day of my internship :). That sure does sound exciting, doesn't it? Well, looks can be deceiving. It was extremely boring. I arrived at the office around 10:15. I was introduced to the internship coordinator at the company. I then went around meeting all of the people that work at the company. Then I sat and shadowed one of the workers. Another one of the workers brought a manual of factoring. It was 3 inches thick. Completely boring. It was only to keep me from being bored...Some of the workers and I went out to lunch at a big mall near the company. It's called Istinye Park. I had some tasty chicken and a not so tasty "salad". We then went back to the office. I sat around some more, until they said I could go.

Transportation to and from work is interesting. In the morning, my roommate and I walk 15-20 minutes to a bus stop. A service bus from my company - not really my company, but from the overarching company FIBA - picks us up. It drops us off at my roommates company. She goes to work, and I catch the subway to the closest stop to my building. I then walk the rest of the way to work (it's not very far, 2 minutes maybe). It can take anywhere from 45 min (if I'm LUCKY) to 2 hrs.

The company I am working for is called Girişim Faktoring. For more information about my company, you can check out his website:
http://www.girisimfaktoring.com.tr/default.asp?l=EN

It's been raining here the past couple of days. It's very gloomy weather. I haven't taken any photos today. I didn't want to ruin the camera! Even though tomorrow's forecast is similar, I will try to snap some shots of where I am working.

No comments:

Post a Comment