Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rain, rain go away

When I left my dorm this morning it was not raining. After the 2 hours it takes to get to work elapsed, it was raining cats and dogs. Who forgot their umbrella? Who looked like they belly-flopped into a pool? Oh. Yeah. I guess that was me. I was soaked. I dried as I sat waiting for something to do. I became dry before I was given any assignments. The company isn't sure what to do with me because I don't speak Turkish very well. I am learning a lot, but I need to know more quicker. There are maybe 5 people that speak English at the office. It is sometimes very difficult and time consuming to communicate. The most common phrase I use is "anlamadım" which means "I didn't understand (it)". On the bright side, they are very happy to have me there. Everyone so far has been very kind, and I am very appreciative of their hospitality.

Again, I do not have any pictures. I will try to take some of the building I work in and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment